What we DO & DO NOT take!
Please bring donations to our warehouse rather than the shop. The warehouse is open Monday / Wednesday and Friday 9.30 to 4pm
Jacob’s Well Warehouse
Jacob’s Well Yard (Take the turn in between Aldi and MKM)
- Good quality clothing
- Shoes, Bags, Belts
- Hats, gloves, scarves
- Good Quality Underwear
- Blankets, sheets, new pillows, New Duvets or duvets in very good condition
- Knitted Items including Baby & children’s clothes, blankets from cot – single bed size.
- Hand tools & power tools (sent abroad)
- Unwanted Metal & metal items (for scrap value)
- Musical Instruments EXCEPT pianos.
- Shoe boxes to send abroad. Contents can include, small toys, toiletries, stationery, colouring books, wind-up torches, sewing kit, calculator, wallet/purse, jewellery, make-up BUT NO sweets/medicines/money
- NO BOOKS except for paperback novels published in the last two years.
- Unopened bags of rice, pasta, noodles & cereal
- Tinned food.
- Vitamin drinks (such as nutricia & fortisip) but they must have AT LEAST 9 MONTHS SHELF LIFE.
- NO MEAT OR FISH!
- Jigsaws ONLY IF all the pieces are there
- Small Bric-a-brac items
- Children’s toys & books. NOT Soft toys
- DVD’s and Music CD’s, LPs but NOT videos
- NO pictures NO lamp-shades
- Good quality Mirrors
- Working Mobile Phones
- Small Electrical Items in good condition & working order
- Working Computers & Laptops – but NOT printers
- Flat Screen Monitors, working keyboards and mice.
- Flat screen TV’s, NO DVD recorders or video recorders
- NO CD players or sound systems
- NO organs but we do take electric keyboards
- White Goods – washing machines, etc. providing that they are in VERY GOOD condition and work. BUT NO FRIDGES & FREEZERS
- Cookers; freestanding cookers in VERY good, working condition; Not built in ovens or hobs
We are currently not accepting furniture.
- NO MEDICINES!
- Bandages & dressings, Unused Ostomy/Stoma products
- Medical equipment, such as thermometers, blood pressure machines, ventilators, heart monitors, etc.
- Hearing aids, Spectacles (not broken ones or sun-glasses)
- Wheel chairs, crutches, etc.
- Hospital beds
- Medical Feeds – with at least 9 months until expiry